Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Sci Fi Novella...

So, on new year's eve I started writing a novella called Freeground and finished it fourteen days later. It took me one more day to edit it and I've never had more fun writing anything in my entire life. Is it any good? Normally I have some idea, but this time I honestly couldn't tell, what is a joy to the author is not always pleasing to the reader.

Freeground was written as though I were writing a two hour television pilot episode of a new space opera Sci-Fi series. If it's any good and worthy of publishing in print I'll continue writing in the same way. A few of the books might be a single episode each, and if I were to do this for a few years, I'd most likely put out one large book that would be written like a television movie or feature film. I like writing this way personally, even though I know that it is very, very unlikely anyone will ever see this on television, and unless the Freeground novella is really good it won't even see print.

I really hope this first novella is actually worth putting into print, my editor is reviewing it now. So we'll see in a few days, maybe a week or so.

RL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i believe you had a hit Randy! lol