Monday, March 17, 2008

New Shipment In Sudbury!



The last advance copies for two books in the First Light Chronicles series: Freeground and Limbo are here!

The First Light Chronicles: Limbo advance copies are perfect, and I like the black and white look of the cover (intentional design), it reflects the feel of the story as well as anything. As far as the logo on the cover, it looks much better in glossy print. In short, I'm happy with that one.

The First Light Chronicles: Freeground advance copy came with spelling errors on the cover! Looking back at my master files, I found that the file I was supposed to be upload was spell checked, the one I uploaded was not. Considering I drafted the final version of the synopsis at 4am, I'm not terribly surprised, though I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with myself.

Instead of going into a massive fit and starting a bonfire out of the 14 copies I have, I'm going to sign these copies and sell them for $10.00 apiece for anyone who wants a copy now and doesn't want to wait for the corrected final version. The interior edits are all there, so other than the back cover everything turned out fine. I'll be ordering copies of the final, corrected version when the third installment in the series is finished.

The Fate Cycle: Dead of Winter advance copies are in as well, and it looks pretty good for a book that has been sitting on my shelf for 4+ years. Sadly I didn't order any spare copies of that one, but I'm glad it turned out well and I'll take pre-orders from anyone who's interested (they're $14.99). So drop me an email if you're interested in that one and I'll make sure I include a few copies in my next order.

All in all it has been a good day, now to work on the third installment in the First Light series before I run off to work.

RL

No comments: