Sunday, February 1, 2009

Spinward Fringe Frontline: First 200 Pages In Editing, Work Continues

Spinward Fringe Frontline has been in the works for a long time. At least by my standards. It's been over three months since I started working on it and over a month since two preview chapters from Frontline were added to the Mobipocket edition of Spinward Fringe Triton. For me that's a long time to live with a book. I've enjoyed it, to be honest but I've also been aware that you've all been waiting.

Frontline is now over one hundred and sixty pages long, that's even after cutting about thirty pages of material that slowed the pace of the book down. I'm not finished writing this one, but to keep things progressing towards a speedy release I've given my editor the first two hundred pages to review. Once she's finished and given me the good word work will go even more swiftly. Keep in mind that if it's any lesser in quality than Triton, then I'll have to work on the two hundred pages when she hands them back to me.

While she reviews the first two hundred pages I'm not slowing down, in fact I'm continuing the work on the second half of the book. In the end the extra time I'm taking on this book will pay off, just like the extra month I took on Triton did. The best part of all this is that when the work is done everyone will have a better, longer book to enjoy.

The story in the Spinward Fringe series has grown, includes even more character development, and a big picture plot that I'm absolutely in love with. Like Spinward Fringe Triton I'm writing this one as though it's the last, but notes for the next two parts of the Spinward Fringe series are still building up so if you all want more after Frontline I'll be ready.

Thank you for your patience and for spreading the word about the series everyone, I'll share news as it comes up!

RL

No comments: