Sunday, February 28, 2010

First Light Chronicles Omnibus 2.0 Now Available For Kindle

Some of you are asking; "What's the First Light Chronicles Omnibus 2.0?"

It's simple. Over the last year I've been working with a couple of people to carefully improve the book without making plot or character changes. We've also worked out a lot of the technical kinks in the writing and in the eBook setup of the book itself.

With a touch here and there, I feel much more confident with this short trilogy as the launch point of the Spinward Fringe series. The rumor that I was planning on doing a complete rewrite of this book should die right here, since many readers have made it perfectly clear that I'd make their blacklist if I did so! So, there won't be a from scratch rewrite, and this book isn't going anywhere, don't worry. Any plot or character revisions will have to wait until I get a chance to adapt this into a screenplay.

Before I go on, I'd like to mention that this book is available at Smashwords for free here. It doesn't have a navigation menu, but everything else in that edition is up to date and complete.

The real matter of this post is the announcement that the fully indexed version of this is available for the Kindle for $0.99 here. I would have offered it for free, but Amazon won't allow me to set the price at less than $0.99 USD. They also won't allow me to control the price internationally, so I apologize if it's more costly in your country as it is in mine. (They set the price at $2.99 in Canada, not exactly a reflection of the current exchange rate of approximately 0.95%).

Kindle and Mobipocket readers who have the old, black cover edition of this book have no reason to worry! Your versions have been updated as well through the older Mobipocket deployment system, so you will be able to visit your online library and update your copy to the latest version for free, unless your device has already updated it automatically.

For now this is the best offering of this book with a navigation menu. I hope you enjoy the convenience and the fast paced space opera adventure from beginning to end.

RL

No comments: