Saturday, May 29, 2010

Spinward Fringe Broadcast 8 Continues To Take Shape

 
Once again you've voted on an aspect of Spinward Fringe Broadcast 8 and determined the shape of the book. If you consider the race for second place, things seem a little more evenly split, so I'm going to account for that..

Spinward Fringe Broadcast 8 will be a first person perspective book, and the story will be told from the perspectives of Jacob Valance and Alice Valent. Minh-Chu Buu will be a major character in the book as well. Since the second most popular book in the series was Spinward Fringe Broadcast 5: Fracture, I'm going to make sure that Broadcast 8 takes place at a break neck place, with ultra smooth transitions between chapters. As a result, it won't be in the exact form of the First Light Chronicles Omnibus. I think I've grown as a writer since then and I'd like to take the first person perspective further in Broadcast 8. I'm up for the challenge, and I'll be able to tell a story that was already planned for Broadcast 8 or 9. In fact, Broadcast 8 may propel the series forward more than I anticipated, without using a cliffhanger.

That's right, my plans are to write Broadcast 8 as a stand alone book, so it makes perfect sense for it to have its own style.

What about Broadcast 6 and 7? In short, Broadcast 6 is looking good so far. The writing is going nicely, I'm close to the end and I'll be posting a progress report early next week.

RL

What do you think of voting on aspects of an upcoming Broadcast? Is there something else you'd like to help determine?

No comments: