Thursday, June 3, 2010

First Light Chronicles Omnibus Becomes Spinward Fringe Origins

The idea of bringing the First Light Chronicles firmly into the Spinward Fringe series from cover to title has been on the table for over a year. I finally bit the bullet and did it.

Starting with Smashwords, then extending out to the iBookstore, Barnes & Noble, Sony and other eBook stores, the First Light Chronicles Omnibus will become Spinward Fringe Broadcast 0: Origins. The original intention was for the Spinward Fringe series to easily stand apart from the First Light Chronicles, so you didn't HAVE to read the original trilogy to understand what's going on.

Anyone who has read the series knows that it didn't turn out that way. There's just too much established in the First Light Chronicles Omnibus, so it's wise for any reader to start there. I'm hoping that, by changing the name to Spinward Fringe Broadcast 0: Origins, it'll unify the series, and make it much easier to understand its place in the story.

The price of this book isn't changing. It's still free at Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Sony, Kobo, and the iBookstore. Change will come much later on sites like Amazon.com and it won't happen at all at Mobipocket.com for technical reasons.

It's important to mention that this wouldn't have happened if Smashwords wasn't so flexible as a retailer and distributor. They do great work over there, and their system is always improving.

RL

1 comment:

Gary (ulrich1138@yahoo.com) said...

This was a good story. I was hooked from the start. I finished origins and now I want to know what happens to the CPT and the rest of the crew. I found the book on amazon and figured I would give it try and I am glad I did.