Thursday, January 7, 2016

Spinward Fringe Broadcast 10: Freeground Final Release Date

The release date has been pushed again, here's the apology and post.

Spinward Fringe Broadcast 10: Freeground will be available through all major EBook retailers, and in print through Amazon on February 21, 2016.

I realise that this is a disappointment for many people who are waiting for this book, but it can't be helped. I simply need more time to write this novel, which is already almost 80,000 words at the moment.

I had a great holiday season with family and friends, but I wasn't able to keep a writing schedule through the time, so it set things back a bit. I don't regret taking personal time, or taking a week to think about Broadcasts 10, 11 and 12.

The first novella in a new Science Fiction series that will be attached to the Spinward Fringe series loosely has been finished. The mini-series will be set in the same universe, but at a great distance from where the Spinward Fringe series characters are located. I'll go into this more in a future post, but believe me when I tell you that developing these short novellas along side the existing Spinward Fringe series is critical to telling both stories. Building a new part of the Spinward Fringe Universe with new characters will only make things better for the main series.

So, taking more time to write Broadcast 10 is the best choice for the quality of the story, characterisations, settings, and even for research. I'm doing as much scientific learning for the next six books I'll be writing as I am developing fictional aspects of the universe - another thing that takes time, but will make things better.

The only negative part is how long you'll have to wait. I understand your frustration, so I'll end this post with some good news.

As planned, here's the rough release schedule for the next Spinward Fringe novels:

Spinward Fringe Broadcast 10: Freeground - March 14, 2016 (CONFIRMED)
Spinward Fringe Broadcast 11: Revenge - June 28, 2016 (UNCONFIRMED)
Chaos Core Broadcast 1 - August 28, 2016 (CONFIRMED)
Spinward Fringe Broadcast 12: Invasion - November 21, 2016 (UNCONFIRMED)
Chaos Core Broadcast 2 - To Be Announced / sometime in 2016
Chaos Core Broadcast 3 - To Be Announced / sometime in 2016 or early 2017

After speaking with everyone who will be involved in test reading, editing and formatting these books, I know these are dates that I can make. Confirmed dates are for books that are almost finished or already complete.

Thank you again for your support and patience, I'm looking forward to telling you amazing stories this year!

RL

12 comments:

trathen_daniel@yahoo.com said...

Looking forward to more Fringe reading. Thank you very much for you efforts so far. Regards and Best Wishes in the New Year. an avid reader, Dan in TN (mouse)

Unknown said...

Randy, we will wait as long as you need. there is absolutely no rush whatsoever!

Midwest Latino said...

This will be a good abd suspenseful year, full of anticipation and literary gratification.
Thank you for the the adventure we will be embarking on together.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the update I personally looking forward to reading more about your expanded universe. Best of luck and no one will fault you for spending time with family as we all need to recharge.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the update I personally looking forward to reading more about your expanded universe. Best of luck and no one will fault you for spending time with family as we all need to recharge.

joeblogs said...

Your books are like the fruit of the tree, best not eaten until they are ripe.

Thyroidlady said...

Love your writing and can wait for the end result. Am rebroadcasting at the moment and enjoying your books again. It surprises me there are many layers.
Glad you had a good time over Christmas and New Year and really look forward to the end result.

Unknown said...

I'm just glade i;ll be around for the next one, but time is short for me. and it's very possible that this cancer will terminate me before i have the chance to continue on in you World. Bigg RAY

JCalvin said...

Thank you so much I can wait to read as I don't have a life and vicariously through your mind thanks for the update

Firefligh007 said...

Hey RL Thank you for the release dates as well as all the effort you've put into the series thus far. I want you to know you're making my 20th birthday on Feb 23rd one to remember with the release of broadcast ten. I just really how Minh does not die though. The moment Jonas was in the med bay drugged up and he said "silly monkey," that was it for me, he's my favorite little ace pilot Mr. Myagi��
-Cheers, and best of luck on future endeavors. I'll be waiting with Lorander Corp for the time when man is ready, and a higher calling is found amidst the cinders, Chris L.

lockeskey said...

Can't wait. Its the path that fuels me. :)

lockeskey said...

Am I supposed to make some awakening....
Like it...