Thursday, August 25, 2016

Cool Pursuit: Chaos Core Book 2

The second book in the Chaos Core series is coming fast. I'm working on the last ten chapters this week and next week. I'm aiming for a late September release.

The second book is larger than the first and we get to know several characters much better. The scale of this novella is much broader, with potential new characters from the past entering in with sometimes crossed purposes.

All while Spin's clock keeps ticking down to her final days, and she focuses on correcting the damage done by the Countess.

One of the things I like most about working on this book is how much I was able to explore parts of the broken universe these characters live in. Spin is still new to so much of it, so it's fun to view things from her perspective. The excitement and danger are all still very fresh for her, and it's difficult for her to keep from being distracted.

After this is complete I'll be finishing Spinward Fringe Broadcast 10: Freeground.  The short break I've taken from it has helped me a great deal. I've fleshed out a few ideas and solved a few problems that have come up in the writing. Both series are exciting to me, and I can't wait to deliver a finished book from both of them soon.

Trapped: Chaos Core Book 1 is available for free everywhere now, so if you haven't taken a look at this snack-sized novella yet, now is a great time to do that.

Thank you for all your support,

RL 

5 comments:

Revinvoss said...

I am so looking forward to continuing this adventure.
I also like that it is in the same universe as the crew of the crew!

Nana said...

The cover looks great. I can't wait to see what's inside behind it. One thing I know it won't be, and that is boring.

Unknown said...

Hurry, hurry, hurry! But not too fast that quality suffers. The first book was over too soon. Can't wait for broadcast 10 also.

NE1Scott said...

I just finished enjoying Chaos Core book 1 today and I didn't see the end of the first book coming... so now I'm left hanging.

I am looking forward to the next one soon, but I have to find something else to read until then and have read all the Spinward Fringe books and Brightwill.

Unknown said...

Loved it. More please sir!